US citizens need to have a visa to enter Korea but can visit Korea within 30 days without the visa for the purpose of tourism or transient stop over.
Visitors who plan to stay in Korea for longer than 30 days must obtain visas before entering Korea.
Submit your valid, signed U.S. passport/must have at least 6 months remaining, and contain at least one blank visa page
- 1 Visa Application Form, fully completed and signed
- 1 Passport-type color photo (black & white photos are not accepted)
- Copy of round trip airline tickets or itinerary
- Completed Cover Page and Credit Card Authorization forms
- Tickets and Documents for return or onward travel
- Vaccination: None required
If the visa is needed for business purposes, you will also be required to present a letter on company letterhead explaining the purpose of the trip, listing companies to be visited, their addresses and telephone numbers.
General Consulates of South Korea: